Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Day 9 - Racing Strangers

I'll be honest....I struggled with running tonight.  The entire way home I thought about how great it would be to put some comfy sweats on and just swan dive into the couch; but when I got home I went right for the running shoes, grabbed my gear and hit the road.  No hesitation, no thought, just did it.

As soon as I started running, I knew I made the right choice.  The first night of December was cool and crisp, great running weather.  5 mile loop tonight down through American University via Nebraska, back to Mass. Ave, head left on Wisconsin.

Tis the Season on Mass Ave.
The best part of tonight's run was my race with a stranger.  As I hit about the 3.50 mile mark, I noticed a guy on the other side of the street pass me and my competitive fires were lit.  There was no way this guy, in his running short shorts, was going to pass me out.  No way, not on my watch.

I set my sights on Mr. Stranger and began to reel him like one of my friends fishing on the Susquehanna.    It took me about a half a mile to pull even.  I don't know if he saw me pull even or not, I would like to think he was racing too.  I kicked it in that final mile and took him out.  It was so much fun, miss those head-to-head match ups and the adrenalin that comes with it.

So some minor IPhone malfunctions tonight.  It informed me that I had completed my 5 mile run in 42:14 and then completely froze on me.  (much like my computer which decided to die on me, many thanks to my wife for allowing me to use her computer for tonight's blog).  When it finally unfroze the phone told me that I had only run 4.94 miles.  Damn you technology!

Tonight's (under dispute) stats:

Distance: 4.94 Miles
Time: 41:41
Pace: 8:25 per mile
Calories: 762



Until tomorrow,

Justin

1 comment:

  1. Justin, I'm enjoying your blog so much. You have a great blog voice. Seriously. Hopefully I'll get to see you tomorrow before you sprint past me :)

    Steph

    ReplyDelete