Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 28, 2011

Day 6 - Short and Sweet

John Phillips, of the Mamas and Papas, wrote "Monday, Monday, can't trust that day".  With all due respect to Mr. Phillips, if John would had laid off his narcotic stew, he would have known that you can always trust Monday to be, well, Monday.

Papas and Mamas
Monday always hurts both mentally and physically.  I don't know a lot of people who wake on Monday morning and actually wonder if it'll be a good day.  If you do love Monday, you're one sick son of a bitch.  If you have any sense at all, you resign yourself to the fact that every Monday will be painfully unpleasant.

With all that said, my Monday wasn't that bad.  Now I did wake up and fully expect the worst.  My body was definitely aching after the last 5 days of running.  (Note to self....WEAK)  As I walked out the door I realized that my calendar was relatively clear due to a number of co-workers extending their weekend into Monday.  Even with this positive tid-bit, I still didn't feel that great about it; however as the hours passed into the afternoon I found myself saying, "not so bad for a Monday".

Hold that previous thought, what can screw up any day......I'll give you a guess, it starts with "traf" and ends in "fic", yep, "traffic".  Sitting in DC belt way traffic can be maddening and can even ruin your Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.  In sum, Monday equals unpleasant.

Today's run wasn't much different than my Monday.  I ran 2 miles, backing down for a bit from the previous two days (5.5 x 2).  My day 6 cumulative total is 24.63 miles with one day remaining in my first full week of running every day.  I took out the first mile hard or I should say as hard as possible without feeling like my leg muscles were going to bust through my skin.  The second mile I backed down and loosened up.

Todays stats:

Miles: 2
Time: 17:18
Pace: 8:38 (8:01 Mile 1 / 9:17 Mile 2)
Calories: 309



Until tomorrow....Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment