Powered By Blogger

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Day 4 - Lazy Saturdays

So I awoke this morning just a little on the sore side from yesterday's activities.  Many different sports have ravaged my ankles over the last 34 years, namely climbing and soccer, so my ankles were the most affected by our Black Friday festivities.

I decided to take it pretty easy during the first half of the day with a heavy dose of couch time.  I started off with some Barclay's Premier League on ESPN, specifically Manchester United vs. Newcastle United.  The game ended in a 1-1 draw.  Its been a big soccer weekend for me if you seen my previous posts, so I figured why stop there and stuck FIFA 12 in the ol' PlayStation 3.  I love that game, especially the British announcers, they're spot on.

Eventually, my hunger grew and I made my way over to Crisp N' Juicy.  Tenleytown has many average restaurant choices, however this Peruvian chicken joint is a diamond in the rough.  My favorite is the Aloha Chicken Breast sandwich, thinly sliced chicken cutlets topped with American cheese, Spring Onions and my fave, Pineapple on a toasted roll. 

After letting my stomach settle, I hit the pavement for today's run.  Due to the soreness in my legs, a whole lotta stretching took place prior to my run.  I headed out 42nd to Nebraska Ave. down to Foxhall, slightly after passing Foxhall I turned around and headed back up Nebraska.  At Massachusetts I turned east, the start of the hills, across Wisconsin down to 34th.  34th merges into Reno and is really a roller coaster of hills which all in all didn't hurt as much as I thought they would.  My run ended at the corner of Reno and Albemarle logging 5.5 miles.


National Cathedral on Wisconsin Ave. Pre-Earthquake

So finally one of the great things about running with my Iphone is the ability to listen to some tunes while it tracks my run, today's random play list consisted of the following jams:

1. Given to Fly (Live) - Pearl Jam
2. Fighting in a Sack - The Shins
3. El Camino (Live) - Amos Lee
4. It Ain't Me Babe - Bob Dylan
5. He's Gone (Live) - Grateful Dead
6. One More Cup of Coffee - The White Stripes
7. Help on the Way (Live) - Grateful Dead
8. Clocks - Coldplay
9. So Much Trouble in the World - Bob Marley
10. Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley

Do you have any favorite music you like to listen to while you're running?  Let me know your thoughts in the "Comments" section, if you happen upon this blog.

Today's Stats:

Miles: 5.50
Time: 48:08
Pace: 8:44
Calories: 848


After my run I got home to enjoy a truly "Red" sunset from our terrace.  Have a great Saturday night everyone, until tomorrow.....Justin


No comments:

Post a Comment