Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Day 7 - A Week in the Life

Holla, 7 days in a row!  I know, I know, it's really not anything special but whatever I'm putting in work.  Speaking of work, what a long day.  You really have to love the 6:00 p.m. conference call that is scheduled for perhaps 20-30 minutes and ends over an hour later.  Needless to say that tonight's run got a late start.

The air was cold and damp tonight with wet leaves everywhere.  Wet leaves are dangerous, I don't quite understand why they are so slippy; however at times it feels like you're on ice.  One thing I love about running, no matter what type of day you're having, it all fades after logging some miles pounding the pavement.

View from behind the National Cathedral on 34th
The mind and body are totally bought in on this project.  On the downhills I feel it in my quads fo' sho' and on the uphills I feel it all over but I had a great run tonight.  I can't say I feel the same way about my IPhone's random play list tonight.  The list started out (appropriately) with a live version of Pearl Jam's "Go", perfect.  Followed by Bob Marley's "Real Situation", Eminem's "As The World Turns" and Amos Lee's "Cup of Sorrow", all great tunes in their own right.  Then my play list and run hit the breaks with Crosby, Stills, and Nash's "Delta", what a shitty song to run to, crushed me.  I blame that song for my slowest mile tonight (Mile 3 -10:03).  Moving out of that funk took a minute with Mumford & Sons's "Roll Away Your Stone" and the Jerry Garcia Band's "That's What Love Will Make You Do".  I'm trying to run here IPhone, pick it up, I said to myself as I rolled down Massachusetts Ave.  Finishing up the final couple miles was Amos Lee's "El Camino", Bob Marley's "Three Little Birds"  (love it!), and the Beastie Boy's "Gratitude". 

Boom! 5 miles, check the stats below:

Miles: 5
Time: 43:25
Pace: 8:41 per mile
Calories: 771

Breakdown:
Mile 1: 8:13 / Mile 2: 8:31 / Mile 3: 10:03 / Mile 4: 9:00 / Mile 5: 7:42 

Bringing it home strong, yo!

Home, Sweet, Home
Until tomorrow....Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment