Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Day 22 - Punching Cars

One thing I've come to understand about running in the city is that you must always be aware of your surroundings. Even when you have the white "Walk" sign some people will run right through it.  People get crazy stupid sometimes.


Walk?
According to DC law, pedestrians have the right of way “within any marked crosswalk or unmarked crosswalk at an intersection (un-signalized crosswalk) .”  However, you wouldn't know it by the amount of people that completely disregard the law.   It may also be complete ignorance, but I prefer to give DC the benefit of doubt.  (Dumb)


Tonight, while crossing within the east cross walk at Ward Circle Park on Nebraska Ave this dude comes flying through it.  He slowed up after the majority of his car was already past me. (hey way to go Captain Reaction)  As you could imagine, I was slightly pissed off at this guy so I let him know he broke the law.....by punching the trunk of his car.  Now, I know what you're thinking, "you're an adult, why punch the car, just be thankful it didn't hit you".  Oh, I'm thankful....thankful he slowed down a little so I could beat on his trunk.


As for the run, I made it through without any further incidents.  My left calf really started tensing up around mile 5 but hung on for 6 miles total tonight.  Doubt is beginning to creep in about how much longer the streak will last.  I definitely fear injury but dammit I'm totally bought in on this thing.  So conflicted.....Stay tuned.....


Stats below:


Distance: 6.04
Time: 53:22
Pace: 8:50
Calories 931




Until tomorrow,


Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment